Fillet Steak in Oyster Sauce – The number one taste bud pleaser in my house.
This is the simplest of simple recipes and the most delicious.
You need : fillet steak (90g per person), sugar snaps, spring onion, salt, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cornflour, 2 crushed garlic cloves, 2 thin slices of ginger, 3 teaspoons of water, dash of soy sauce, 1-2 tbsp of a good oyster sauce, 2 teaspoons of stock powder or a stock cube, 1/2 teaspoon of dry sherry, oil to fry in.
1. Cut the meat into thin slices. Put in a mixing bowl with 2 thin slices of ginger, a pinch of sugar and salt, 1/2 teaspoon cornflour, 3 teaspoons of water and work into the meat.
2. Make the stock: 1/4 pint of water 2 teaspoons of Bullion or a stock cube. Put to one side.
3. Chop the spring onion. Blanch the sugar snaps in lightly salted water. Dry and fry in a wok with a pinch of sugar a pinch of salt and a few drops of soy sauce. Place on a pre heated dish when done.
4. Heat the oil. Fry the garlic until golden and discard of it. Fry the meat in the oil for 1-2 min then remove it.
5. To the pan add the stock, a pinch of salt a pinch of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of dry sherry and 1-2 tbsp oyster sauce and bring to a boil for 1 1/2 min.
6. Return the meat and heat through for 1/2 min. And then just pour it over the vegetables and serve with rice.